Monday, December 14, 2009

Progress

Saturday marked my official half-way point in training with this new job. A week of orientation dragged by, and then I had my first full week out on the road. It's been interesting so far, a lot of ups and downs. But I'm loving it. I don't know how you all keep up with work, blogging, reading other people's blogs, twittering, etc etc. I'm only doing 40 hours a week right now, but it feels like all I've been doing is driving, working, learning, studying maps, and more driving. The main thing I have to work on is moving patients laterally. I've got the strength, but somehow my technique is not quite right and I'm having a hard time. I have yet to have any actual 9-1-1 calls. :-\ So far I've had all transfers. I guess I never realized just how much of those ambulance companies do. Oh, and get this. I cannot, for the life of me, back up or parallel park my own tiny car. But give me a huge ambulance and I've got no problem. How does that work?

I will write more later, I'm off two days this week so I should have time to get some of my thoughts together. But I just wanted to write a short note to say that I am alive and things are moving along!

Stay safe out there.

No comments: